You walk by it every day on the way to school. It surrounds your high school football field and track. It’s not just a chain-link fence; it’s a billboard waiting to happen. All it needs is a message. Spell out a message in Styrofoam cups to spread the truth about Big Tobacco to the whole school and the visiting team.
This activity doesn’t need a lot of planning time. Just figure out what message you want to share and how many cups you need, and then spell it out in Styrofoam.
- Get permission to display your message from proper officials.
- Find a location that is highly visible.
- Plan out your message using graph paper.
- Figure out how many cups you will need.
- Let your local media and No Limits know about your event ahead of time.
Words of Wisdom:
- Recruit your friends to help.
- Styrofoam lasts longer than paper cups in the rain.
- Change it up every now and then with a new message. Styrofoam doesn’t go bad!
- Don’t forget to plan a clean-up date.
Another option is to tie ribbon on the fence instead of using cups.